I really enjoyed the weekend. There is something comforting and safe about alot of people in costumes wandering the Dublin streets and filling its bars. Barriers are down as people are on an even playing field. You have no idea what people are really like from looking at or briefly talking to them. That guy in the Ronald McDonald outfit could be a banker or a busker, listen to Lady Gaga or Dylan and there isn't much way of knowing. You cant judge them buy their clothes, haircut or mates. Not that I do but you do make certain assumptions about people without meaning to. In costume, people are relaxed and just have fun.
As I was busy during the day, I didn't have time to make a costume -and I prefer when it's made. None of this buying a complete outfit in a shop nonsense -So I was the only one at the house party not dressed up. That is almost as bad as being the only person dressed up. I felt awkward and exposed. I couldn't see anyones face properly through their make up and masks. One guy feeling sorry for me took me to his room to see what we could make. His football kit was the best we could come up with.
So when we all headed into town, I was dressed in the Monaghan Harps GAA kit. Not like a sexy sporty girl mind, (I hate when girls use halloween as an excuse to go out in their Ann Summers lingerie) but as it was big on me It was more the12yr-old-boy look that I was rockin', but I was sooo comfy! Dancing was so much easier, long shorts allow freedom of movement. Sometimes i think I would love to be a guy. I could wear jeans and runners everyday. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment