Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lot's of fun for everyone-else.














I have been out of action for the last few weeks and meanwhile some fabulous momentum of positive energy has overtaken Dublin. Well, it certainly looked that way through my paranoid internet. I had planned to do so much at the Fringe festival, possibly pop out on Arthur's Day and visit some events at Offset...But no, no my gammy leg kept me holed up inside. Which wasn't bad for reading, watching films and getting visits from lovely friends and family, but there is only so much of that you can take before you feel pasty and sick. I had a slight panicky feeling that I was missing out on Dublin' last-ditch attempt to hold onto the summer.

Instead I lived vicariously through my sisters, one of which filmed Arthur's Day for Diageo and the other attended the 'awesome' conferences at Offset. Just the kind of inspiration Ireland needs right now and some I could have done with too.

It's not all bad though, cast off but bandaged up heavily I did make it out to the lovely Frank Ryans in Smithfield on Saturday with friends followed by the Offset party in the Twisted Pepper. Feeling like I was out on day release from solitary confinement I was very wary of the over crowding and young NCAD types stepping on my foot with their clunky brogues!

'Easy now' I muttered as I lurked in the corners, taking it all in. Planning my comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment