Saturday, July 17, 2010

I wanna do bad things with you

This makes me wanna don a vest top, durrty jeans, trucker cap and dangle a smoke from my lip while hanging around weather beaten men. Real men. The alpha male kind who drink whiskey straight up and say things like 'dont make me come over there, Darlene' (did I mention my name would be Darlene?) and 'pop the hood on that there truck and lets see if we cant get her good as gold'.

You know, that sort of thing. I want to learn it on my gee-tar.

Probably the best and most evocative opening credits I've ever seen. Captures the spirit of the South and in particular the South depicted in the show. Sordid, creepy, humid, crazy, angry, naive, superstitious, sexy and dangerous. Brilliant.

It got me thinking about other opening credits I love, could only think of two that are worthy....
Twin Peaks and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

2 comments:

  1. I know me too! It's officially my 'getting ready to go out' tune. Although It does leave me in danger of leaving the house looking a bit trashy...

    ReplyDelete